Monday, March 9, 2009

Unimaginable Grief ~ No words

My plans for the day have been dashed! My mother called with bad news.
My lifelong friend ~ 39 years of friendship to be exact ~ lost her son to a car wreck. I want to go to her, but she lives in Arizona and I am now in Oklahoma. I have picked up the phone several times, but I have not been able to dial her number.
What words can I say? What comfort can I offer? I have never known such a grief. The lost of a child, whether he’s a minute old, 12 years old, 25 years old, or 40, it must be the worst imaginable pain for a parent of any age. Being a mother of 6, that is a feeling I don’t even want to imagine!!
Her son, a beautiful person. He had a big heart and a kind spirit. And very very close to his mother. I have to go now. I have a prayer to offer up and a very difficult phone call to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment