Friday, March 13, 2009

Overwhelming Joy!!

Wow! I was woke by a knock on my bedroom door at 6 this morning. My daughter (who lives across the street) asked me to step into the hall. There was a slight sound of panic in her voice. I jumped out of bed and ran into the hall to see what was wrong.

She looked so scared as she handed me a white plastic stick. IT HAD TWO BLUE LINES on it. "What does that mean?" she asked in tears.

"You're pregnant!" I answered jumping up and down, hugging her.

"Are you sure? Should I take another test just in case?" she asked crying.

"You can if you want," I answered, "But the answer will still be the same."

My daughter, Destiny has been trying to get pregnant for many years now. Her husband and her were starting to consider adoption. Fertility treatments were one thing, they said they would not consider, so they have been on their own. They have read, searched the web and did a lot of praying.

Well, it has all paid off. We are so happy and look forward to this fall bringing a new member to our family. Crap~ That doesn't give me much time to prepare.

My stress level just rose several degrees. I have a son going off to missions training (in August) and then to some other country to do mission work. Another son, going into the Air Force (August), a daughter getting married in October, another daughter is now pregnant. At least all is quiet with the other two daughters, son-in-law and three other grandchildren. Let's hope it stays that way, because I don't know how much more good news and happy events I can stand this year!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm an Etsy Scrap member, too. Lovely shop and great news! Thanks for offering be a sponsor for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete