Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good intentions ~ but severly side-tracked!

Well, my plans of cleaning out my studio have flown out the window. Actually, out the window. I started out this morning by opening the window of my studio. I spent a few minutes looking out the second story window ~ enjoying the fresh air and serene morning view.

I dealt with a momentary pain of guilt for missing church this morning, then started working on the impossible task of cleaning my studio. It is never an easy task for me. I am a manic artist! When I am in a creative mood, I frantically grab and toss as the process possesses me. Especially now that my creative drive are few and far between. In July it will be two years of daily pain and illness (complications, and adhesions following a hysterectomy). I have had to schedule into my busy life, three surgeries, six hospitalizations, a son who is a senior in high school preparing for collage, a new granddaughter, a daughter getting married, a son getting engaged, another daughter moving in across the street and countless other events demanding my attention. That's the life of a mother of six and a grandmother of three! At least my husband and I make a great team.

Of course, all these things are part of life, but they certainly challenge that creative passion that drives me. In the last few weeks, I have been feeling better ~ or at least I have been convincing myself that I feel better ~ and I have started to feel that passion creeping back into my soul. Yippee!!

The only problem is, ALL my passions are finding their way back! There is not enough time in the day, or enough days in the week, for me to do all the things I WANT to do. Life is getting in the way of my fun!

I have a passion for writing and a passion for art and a passion for crafting. But of course these passions take a backseat to my passion for God, and Family! I'm just going to have to find a way.

TALKING ABOUT SIDE-TRACKED !!! I was starting to blog about how I didn't get around to cleaning my studio. Well, that's soooo true. My studio is still a mess and the day is drifting away quickly. At this point all I want to do is make sure I at least get the work table cleaned off.

UPDATE: My Studio is CLEAN. Actually Clean. I don't know how I accomplished it, but I did. I guess taking the time to blog about my failure to complete the task of cleaning, motivated me to getting it done. Now I can start my Monday morning off with a creative BANG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment